Monday, January 8, 2024

One Mightier than I

This is what John the Baptist proclaimed: 
“One mightier than I is coming after me. 
I am not worthy to stoop and loosen 
the thongs of his sandals.
MARK 1:7


Jesus is the beloved Son of God in whom the Father is well pleased. He came to earth to show His love and to redeem the lost and least. He lived a life of perfect grace, healed the sick and raised the dead, taught the truth and bore the cross and rose again as He had said. He is the way, the truth, the life, the only hope for all mankind. He is the Lord, the King of kings, the Savior of the world divine, mightier than all combined. He calls us all to follow Him and to share His joy and peace.

Humble yourself to Jesus who is mightier than you and He will show you mercy and compassion ever true. He is the Alpha and Omega, the Beginning and the End. He will give you wisdom and strength to see you through. He will make you more like Him in everything you do. He is the Lamb and the Lion, the Servant and the King. He is the Rock and the Cornerstone, the Lord of everything.

This is what John the Baptist proclaimed: “One mightier than I is coming after me. I am not worthy to stoop and loosen the thongs of his sandals. I have baptized you with water; he will baptize you with the Holy Spirit.” It happened in those days that Jesus came from Nazareth of Galilee and was baptized in the Jordan by John. On coming up out of the water he saw the heavens being torn open and the Spirit, like a dove, descending upon him. And a voice came from the heavens, “You are my beloved Son; with you I am well pleased.” (Mark 1:7-11)

God's thoughts are not your thoughts, nor are His ways your ways. He sees the end from the beginning, and He works in mysterious ways. He does not think as we think, nor does He act as we act. He is holy and righteous, and He is faithful and exact. He knows the secrets of the heart, and He tests the motives of our ways. He does not judge as we judge, nor does He love as we love. He is gracious and compassionate, and He is merciful and just. The Lord has a plan and purpose for us, and He guides us in His ways. He does not change as we change, nor does He fail as we fail. He is eternal and unchanging, and He is sovereign and prevail.

Come and delight in the Lord's rich fare. He has prepared a feast for you. He invites you to His table of grace and to His covenant of love so true. He has satisfied your every need, offers you His bread and wine and to His presence He will lead. He has filled your heart with joy, shares with you His promises and to His glory He will employ.

Thus says the Lord: All you who are thirsty, come to the water! You who have no money, come, receive grain and eat; come, without paying and without cost, drink wine and milk! Why spend your money for what is not bread; your wages for what fails to satisfy? Heed me, and you shall eat well, you shall delight in rich fare. Come to me heedfully, listen, that you may have life. I will renew with you the everlasting covenant, the benefits assured to David. As I made him a witness to the peoples, a leader and commander of nations, so shall you summon a nation you knew not, and nations that knew you not shall run to you, because of the Lord, your God, the Holy One of Israel, who has glorified you. Seek the Lord while he may be found, call him while he is near. Let the scoundrel forsake his way, and the wicked man his thoughts; let him turn to the Lord for mercy; to our God, who is generous in forgiving. For my thoughts are not your thoughts, nor are your ways my ways, says the Lord. As high as the heavens are above the earth, so high are my ways above your ways and my thoughts above your thoughts. For just as from the heavens the rain and snow come down and do not return there till they have watered the earth, making it fertile and fruitful, giving seed to him who sows and bread to him who eats, so shall my word be that goes forth from my mouth; it shall not return to me void, but shall do my will, achieving the end for which I sent it. (Isaiah 55:1-11)

The Lord is my strength and my courage, and He has been my savior. He has delivered me from all my foes, and He has been my favor. He has upheld me by His hand, and He has been my helper. He has given me hope and joy and He has been my treasure. I praise the Lord for His glorious achievement. He has done great things for me and for all. He has shown His power and His love and He has answered my every call. He has given me His word and His promises, and He has made me part of His glorious plan.

God indeed is my savior; I am confident and unafraid. My strength and my courage is the Lord, and he has been my savior. With joy you will draw water at the fountain of salvation. Give thanks to the Lord, acclaim his name; among the nations make known his deeds, proclaim how exalted is his name. Sing praise to the Lord for his glorious achievement; let this be known throughout all the earth. Shout with exultation, O city of Zion, for great in your midst is the Holy One of Israel! (Isaiah 12:2-3, 4, 5-6)

Lord Jesus, You are mightier than anyone or anything combined. It is not about me but it is all about You. You have sent Your Holy Spirit to dwell in us and empower us. You have given us Your name and authority to proclaim Your gospel. You have promised to return and to make all things new. I humbly praise You for Your glorious achievement and for making me a co-heir with You who is the Father's most beloved Son. Please continue to transform me by Your word and renew me by Your mind. Fill me with Your joy and peace and hope and equip me with Your gifts and fruits and armor. I worship You with all my heart and soul and strength and mind. I surrender to You all my life and will and plans and dreams. I trust You with all my fears and doubts and worries and cares. I follow You with all my steps and words and deeds and thoughts. I love You with all my love and devotion and gratitude and praise. Amen





Pericope:

I: The Preparation for the Public Ministry of Jesus
THE PREACHING OF JOHN THE BAPTIST
Mark 1:7-11

II: Expiation of Sin, Spiritual Liberation of Israel
AN INVITATION TO GRACE
Isaiah 55:1-13

II: Immanuel Prophecies
SONG OF THANKSGIVING
Isaiah 12:1-6

Reflection Source:
Copilot with Bing Chat